The so-called Comb Building (Kammgebäude), designed by Fritz Schupp in 1957–1961, is part of the coking plant. The machinery historically produced various operating resources, such as inert gas and cooling water, and included two pumping stations, a workshop, and an electricity distribution station. The name of the complex reflects its form: an indoor corridor nearly 200 m long for the technical staff, with an outdoor pipeline alignment running above, both connecting a sequence of seven cube-shaped buildings housing machinery. The Zollverein Foundation functions as proprietor, investor, and developer in the reuse project, creating around 1300 sqm of studio and 570 sqm of office space. Planinghaus Architects and the Götz-Lindlar consultancy for restoration ran the restoration project from 2011 to 2016. Since 2016 the building has been utilised by several companies. The project followed Zollverein’s general concept of conservation through reuse. Detailed conservation principles were: To prioritise conservation of the urban design structure while retaining the reference function of the machinery. The latter included a specific surface treatment for pipelines. The outstanding universal value of Zollverein is thereby conserved — comprising most of the material evidence of this crucial period in the development of heavy industry and the masterly combination of form and function.